Free CME for Arizona Prescribers
May 19, 2015
2 FREE ONLINE CME CREDITS FOR ARIZONA PRESCRIBERS
Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing While Managing Acute and Chronic Pain
Available Online at: http://www.vlh.com/AZPrescribing/
There is increasing evidence that opioid medications are over-prescribed and poorly managed because prescribers are not aware of appropriate opioid risk management strategies and non-opioid approaches to treating chronic pain. This activity seeks to familiarize prescribers with current guidelines for opioid use and prescribing, as well as educate prescribers about non-opioid strategies for pain management.
- Manage acute and chronic back pain
- Assess the functional effects of pain in patients.
- Appropriately utilize a range of therapeutic options when managing patients with chronic pain.
- Comply with current opioid risk-management practices, including the use of pain contracts and urine drug testing.
- Educate patients on the proper use, storage, and disposal of opioid medications.
Cost: FREE for Arizona Prescribers
Arizona Prescribers Registration: http://www.vlh.com/AZPrescribing/
Supported by a grant through the Governor's Office for Children, Youth and Families. Developed in Partnership with Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Initiative, Arizona Department of Health Services, University of Arizona College of Public Health and University of Arizona College of Medicine.